Any tribalist, Quinn-esque authors out there?

Hey all, I’m looking for new material to read. I’m looking to see if there are any Quinn-esque, tribalist authors out there with a similar message or something expanded from similar stock. One can only read Ishmael so many times before it gets a little predictable… haha

GC,

A few different authors come to mind, all different, of course, from Quinn, in their own ways. Paul Shepard, Derrick Jensen, Lierre Kieth, David Abram, John Zerzan, maybe some anthropologists like Colin Turnbull or Marshall Sahlins, or online writers like Jason Godesky and Urban Scout (both found at one time or another on this forum).

For me, those are among the authors who have filled in some important pieces of the puzzle missed by Quinn.

Other than Derrick Jensen’s “Engame”, which tops my list of life-changing books, I would recommend to everyone: “My Name is Chellis and I’m In Recovery from Western Civilization” by Chellis Glendinning, and “Columbus and other Cannibals” by Jack Forbes. And most importantly, “Deep Green Resistance” by Lierre Kieth, Aric McBay, & Derrick Jensen. Those really filled in the major pieces of the puzzle for me.

I would recommend Martin Prechtel’s work. He’s the only one writing about authentic rewilding IMHO.

Okay, I’m gonna try me some Prechtel as well as the Glendinning book. Scanning a little of the Glendinning book online I liked what I saw. :slight_smile:

Me too… but I just moved to a place with a very crappy library and don’t have a job anymore. We’ll see what happens.

I would start with Secrets of the Talking Jaguar.

I recommend God is Red by Vine Deloria Jr (a Lakota). The book starts with a history of the AIM and then gives a critique of christianity and the wider “WASP” culture society, with a couple of examples of “whites” who got some things right, in his opinion. This book woke me up in different, but complementary ways to how Quinn did.

Wow. Been a while since I’ve been in here.

I’m in a different place now… Minnesota again. This time permanently I think. I hope.

Anyway, I can start digging up a few of these. Thx for the suggestions!