Why can't I find a self sufficient primitivist village in north america?

Our cause is life. Simply Life. We share common cause with every human, every being, every spirit on Earth. Which is to say, yeah, we have no “cause”.

To quote ol’ Hank David:

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear…”

this is tranny granny i am not so available as others i spend much of my time on the hoop in efforts to replant native bioms and rewilding people on the hoop.i have found friends that work dilegently to connect me to the larger community and i want to thank them .i am hopeful in finding like minded people who can see the difference between those who would go to the way now rather than waiting for a failure of civilization. i wonder if you can see that you might see that to go now requires a different sort of person than that one who is waiting for afall to bust a move. ifyoufall upon this stone you will be broken if this stone falls upon you ,you will be ground to powder.i am hoping to find those who see themselves as that returning rainbow warrior. i would like to hear from that one and i want to build community with those ones now because we can and should not latter because we have to .check it out at pullingforwildflowers.org lets support each other in this come out of her (babylon) my people
Shemaw Shicheen

this is the tranny granny. i have done and seen done all that the nasayers say is impossable . i would like to take away all of those excuses they are so fond of. i can see no reason in waiting for civilization to fall to bust a move. in fact i see the need to return now to highgrade the human element . who would you be, those who move out now in spite of impires threats andits comforts in the culture of death, or those who will only go when those threats are removed and trhe option of civilization has evaporated? when i am in the way none of you are there to show this to when i am available to you in your world and even in this format you say i have to be a poser with you and i have no credebility. to answer this delema i have been helped to bridge this gap by many of my friends both native and nonnative. let me show you. then do it yourself and build your own clan in it. shemaw shicheen

I think this is well-said. However, there are a lot of people on the Earth right now who are actively involved in killing off life (200 species going extinct every day!) - and thus are diametrically opposed to us, and all life on earth. So we do have a “cause”, in the sense of protecting life against those who would destroy it.

I just don’t see how rewilding jives with standing by and watching the beloved forest where one lives be clearcut, for example.

If the wild Earth is gone (which the destruction is rapidly leading to), how far will all of us even be ABLE to rewild? And how much more difficult is it to live in harmony with the land when the forest has been turned into a tree farm because of logging, reducing the understory flora and wildlife to a few species, eliminating the richness of herbs, berries, critters, etc that would sustain us and keep us healthy? The more we rewild and reconnect with the real world, the more we are affected (in more direct ways) from the local and planetwide extinction of living things.

The more I travel down the rewilding path, the more compelled I become to ACT to stop the destruction of the wild. To me this is a fundamental part of the rewilding process.

I echo your feelings bereal. For me, rewilding calls me to a three-fold purpose:
-Protection : Stopping destruction of our beloved homes, because this is all we have
-Re-membering : Rediscovering how to live as a wild, communal human (primitive skills, social “skills”, etc) in the midst of a grand world
-Healing : Working to nurture, aid, and facilitate the re-establishment of ecologies in places that have been destroyed or suppressed by civilization

[quote=“wildeyes, post:45, topic:272”]I echo your feelings bereal. For me, rewilding calls me to a three-fold purpose:
-Protection : Stopping destruction of our beloved homes, because this is all we have
-Re-membering : Rediscovering how to live as a wild, communal human (primitive skills, social “skills”, etc) in the midst of a grand world
-Healing : Working to nurture, aid, and facilitate the re-establishment of ecologies in places that have been destroyed or suppressed by civilization[/quote]

Too right, just how it is for me…

[quote=“wildeyes, post:45, topic:272”]I echo your feelings bereal. For me, rewilding calls me to a three-fold purpose:
-Healing : Working to nurture, aid, and facilitate the re-establishment of ecologies in places that have been destroyed or suppressed by civilization[/quote]

Well said! :smiley:

if you were to look under green forrest and finisia medrano for replies on this site this would be our response

This is an easy one… Why can’t you find a self sufficent primitive village? Easy… they are hidden. They are out there, mostly nomadic, but they are there. Why do they hide? Because society does not allow their existance. People must have IDs and Pay taxes or they go to jail… So they hide. Do you want to see signs of their existance? Look up stories on our nations “Homeless”. If you read between the lines you will see what I mean.

1 Like

Primitivist villages certainly are out there (whether or not they are entirely “self-sufficient” or not is a debate over criteria… i.e., what is sufficient for self-sufficient!). One I can think of is Wild Roots in western NC. There are more groups out there too, but most of them are couples or individuals who remain mostly anonymous. I have several friends who fit this bill. I would gives names and locations but there would be little point to it and I’d rather be respectfully silent. The problem with primitivist villages is that most primitivists don’t make enough money to actually buy land legally. Therefore a lot of what’s out there is either nomadic in practice necessarily, or is on inherited family land or friend’s land. It’s all out there (and more!), but it’s mostly hidden. Immerse yourself in “their” world enough though and you’ll cross paths. Synchronicity is like a law of the universe.

I could be interested enough to join in with that pursuit for having a self-sufficient primitivist tribe/village in North America. Yet there may then be disapproval over different faith and beliefs present. I do see a design for us to live in small communities on land naturally, in harmony with environments with using what is available as needed without taking more. This is a responsible way to live in our world, that so much of humanity has moved away from. This I would do with others. But I want it in such a way that if all people were doing it, it would work well and be best for this world and us and the rest of life in this world. This way of life then would be the best with being right to choose. It would then be necessarily simple. I too see that we could learn ways to live in nature without using electric energy, as it was done for a long time. But we could have things growing for what would be healthiest for us. I see it desirable to take care of needs of any that are in such a group for this way of life, as a community together.