Repurposing dead cars

You can make smokeless gunpowder from battery acid, good soil and anything made of cellulose, like paper! Now if only that damn conviction for growing everyones favourite herb didn’t prevent me from getting one of these: http://www.tjgeneralstore.com/savage.htm

Guess I’l have to go the bow and slingshot way for my hunting and self protection needs :frowning:

Can you define the characteristics necessary for it to be appropriately good soil?

[quote=“incendiary_dan, post:22, topic:550”][quote author=RHex link=topic=591.msg14800#msg14800 date=1235689815]
You can make smokeless gunpowder from battery acid, good soil and anything made of cellulose, like paper!
[/quote]

Can you define the characteristics necessary for it to be appropriately good soil?[/quote]
And what properties does the battery acid have? Are they similar enough to lemon juice? (caus that would be awsome)

I’ve heard something about battery acid and tanning hides (specifically rabbit)

[quote=“incendiary_dan, post:22, topic:550”][quote author=RHex link=topic=591.msg14800#msg14800 date=1235689815]
You can make smokeless gunpowder from battery acid, good soil and anything made of cellulose, like paper!
[/quote]

Can you define the characteristics necessary for it to be appropriately good soil?[/quote]

Lots of potassium nitrate, KNO3, saltpeter in norwegian(english?). So soil from a earthcellar, old graveyard or anywhere else humans have lived and died for a long time, which I guess doesn’t neccessarilly make it good soil;-)
To extract it, take a bucket, a cheese cloth and lots of hot water. Filter hot water through the soil and cheese cloth, boil in the water while stirring and filter it to get out what looks like salt crystals, this is saltpeter.

The battery acid is sulfuric acid, destill it by gentle heating to increase purity, combine this with saltpeter and you get nitric acid. Now simply pour nitric acid on cotton or paper and let it dry. You’v made gunpowder, and incidentally if you combine this with a detonator you have a high explosive;-)

I can write a detailed how-to for the wiki if people want it!

Ai read somewhere how saltpetre was gotten in the 1700s and it seemed similar to a compost pile (with lots of human piss in it).

Yeah, with rising demand for saltpeter for blackpowder the english developed methods of producing it in large quantities, with the urine of the english population as basis.