Recommended Book Titles

Just read Beyond Geography: The Western Spirit Against the Wilderness, and it was awesome.

Walt Whitman’s “Leaves of Grass” and Carl Jung’s “Memories, Dreams, Reflections” are good rewild books, I think. I’d also recommend Virginia Woolf’s “To the Lighthouse,” mostly for this passage:

“How then, she had asked herself, did one know one thing or another thing about people, sealed as they were? Only like a bee, drawn by some sweetness or sharpness in the air intangible to touch or taste, one haunted the dome-shaped hive, ranged the wastes of the air over the countries of the world alone, and then haunted the hives with their murmurs and their stirrings; the hives which were people.”

Check out my book, the College of Mythic Cartography 2004-2014, a compilation of a decade of blogposts on rewilding -

I will check it out… thanks,

Dude

Halfway through, and this book from 1983 (highly influenced by the previously mentioned Beyond Geography), Against His-Story, Against Leviathan, is a beautifully poetic critique of civilization.

http://www.akpress.org/againsthisstoryagainstleviathan.html?___SID=U

What are people reading recently?

“Against the pollution of the I” by Jacques Lusseyran.

BTW, his writings also contain some interesting comments on recognizing ‘fake’ people.

1 Like