Post your oracle elements here!

A young man, riddled with doubt concerning his destiny
a flower, of utmost importance, withering away
An angry mob, dressed in black, alienated from their land
An old forest, wounded by the agents of a decadent kingdom

i wrote them without seeing coherency between them, yet… i can almost feel the story that lives between them.

an unsure girl, on a journey to find what it means to be a woman
rolling hills, said to be haunted by bad spirits
a guild of crones, secretive and secluded
a man, outcasted by his tribe, different and sickly

I lost my original, so I had to start again, but this is what I ahve written so far.

Hearts
Ace - A ruined city, haunted by violence and ruled by roving gangs
King - Barefoot tracks, many days old, leading away from an overgrown farmhouse
Queen - A permaculture city, verdant and sophisticated, hel together by visionary leadership
Jack - A agricultural town, bustling and surviving but precarious and threatened
10 - An earthship community, beautiful but unfinished, waiting, forgotten?
9 - A saced grove, scene to new yet old rituals, centerpeie of new lives
8 - An old-time countryside villa, stuffed with books, gaurded by a dedicated order
7 - A circle of tipis, illuminated by fire, resounding with primal music
6 - A fast flowing river, road and playground to a new breed of nomads
5 - A village, standing out from the plains, home to a hodge-podge of drifters
4 - A snow covered hil, crisscrossed by busy tracks, topped by a standing stone
3 - A massive, thick walled fortress, surounded by fields and ruled with an iron fist
2 - A cliff side camp, waves crash below, the fire still burns, rain falls

Clubs
Ace - Barren desert, transformed by a yearly festival where flames draw wild revelers
King - A red sun rises, illuminating a carven fleeing collapse and misery
Queen - A portable forge, built from an old-time car, maintianed by a traveling tinkerer, part of a band of gypsies
Jack - Silhoueted against the sunset skyline of a skeletal city, a hanglider slowly descends

What do you guys think?

Waaaaay too cool. I love them!

Keep 'em coming!

I came with one last night, taken from the Brian Froud’s Runes of Elfland:

A wise priestess, guardian of an ancient treasure box, patiently waiting for the one who can open it…

I don’t believe you guys have no Oracle elements bursting to get out. Honestly. Grow some balls and/or ovals!

New oracle element:

A haunting and implacable assassin, armed with an immaculate and empty ethic, he ceaselessly follows the trail of the foolhardy…

Yes, I stole this from the movie ‘No Country for Old Men’

C’mon! Keep posting! :wink:

I fear my thoughts currently dwell at higher levels of abstraction, grasping through the fog to try to find a new “big picture.” It makes it difficult to focus on the necessary details at the moment. But I won’t spend too long up here, and I know we’ll have “Anayok” (the name might change, though) and Alleghan oracles from the Fifth World to share here, hopefully sooner rather than later…

I do have a few elements from Seneca folklore that could fit into the Anayok or Alleghan oracles, though:

[ul][li]Twin villages on either side of the chasm[/li]
[li]A young child hidden away from the monster that destroyed all the rest of his people[/li]
[li]An arrow that sings the song of the bird whose feather fletches it[/li]
[li]An arrow that never misses[/li]
[li]The stone that tells stories of the old word, in return for a gift of food[/li]
[li]A swift runner who races the Whirlwind[/li][/ul]

Sorry, my energy has been focused conversing elsewhere this week (yay conversation week!:)). I liked that one at the end Jason, kind of already had a story built in.

Ten - A strange and twisted dance performed now at the wrong time, for the wrong people
Nine - A glorious, hopeful journey, long and treacherous, to find what was lost
Eight - A solemn holiday to remember the horrors of the transition, violently interrupted
Seven - A boy’s first hunt, successful but seeming to portend wider things
Six - The last harvest of the year, everyone is weary, but also tense and fearful

I’m not sure if seven makes any sense.

An arrow that sings the song of the bird whose feather fletches it

Too cool.

Seven - A boy's first hunt, successful but seeming to portend wider things

I’m not sure if seven makes any sense

Oh my god, it DOES! wow. He didn’t perform the offering of the gift, and he offended the spirit of the dead deer…

These stories just FLY out of these oracles.

Ha! This one grabs me. :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, at last a spare moment to post a few. . . from various sources of inspiration (maybe you’ll recognize some):

A night-loving fir tree, bedeviled by the everpresent glow of streetlights.

A tired watchman at rest in the Citadel, testing the air for dragon smoke in his sleep.

The newly widowed daughter of an incense-maker, dressed in her nephew’s clothes to flee the crushing blow of an edict forbidding her from fragrance.

A raft of ghost food, rocketing through the landscape on eighteen wheels to reach its destination just-in-time. . .

A generous tree, holding a magical plum in her highest branches.

The turncoat’s envoy, tensely waiting in the pre-dawn shadows of a tomb, coded message in hand.

An spindly orphan girl with the strength of ten men.

An old and wise man, willingly loosing his memories, one by one, until he forgets all. (anyone know from where this one comes?)

The aeon-old soul of a formerly enslaved star, wearing an otherworldy suit of onyx armorl, bent on retribution…

I really like the elements posted on here, and the imaginings they provoke by just reading them.

Some to add to the elemental ways, which I decided to try by using pieces from my dreams as the elements:

[i]- a mountainside covered in a battlefield of fallen giants, who have re-awoken

• a small fluff of a dog and her companion making mischief while fleeing the authorities who follow their trail of pranks
  • a city set on fire by a volcanic eruption from a dragon’s back
  • plotting spirits held captive in a park waiting for the moment to revolt
  • a strange tree with a opening that leads into another land
  • a woman who awakes animalistic powers within others
  • a child underneath a sacred hill, waiting to know birth
  • the warlord wishing to kill a trickster of the forest who rivals him
  • an abandoned town turned into a refuge for a shapeshifting people
  • a black wolf unable to stop himself from attacking others
  • a mother grizzly bear in a tree with her two cubs, concerned by the dangers around them
    [/i]

Wow. I can hardly believe the coolness of your dream elements. Wow. I officially steal them! Just try and stop me! :slight_smile:

A cranky old woman with a heart of gold…

A band of wise, yet humble sorceresses who travel across the land healing it’s wounds…

A wise old man with much to contribute, respected by no one…

This is awesome! I’ve been doing tarot with playing cards off and on for many years (I quit for a spell because I was creeped out by how accurate my readings were…)

I started to do mine, too. Here’s some:

SPADES:

2- No new growth; No extra taken
3- Taking life without regenerating
4- Hibernation
5- Habitat defended but loss experienced
6- Renewal of life!

DIAMONDS:

2-Putting the needs of other life ahead of one’s own
3-Solves pertinent issue with community or threat to land
4-Living peacefully with the Sunflowers and snakes
5-At odds with Sunflowers and snakes
6-Spirits hear cries
7-He who hates the Prairie learns to love it; If a bough won’t bend, it will with loving coaxing

I’ll post more later when I have them fine-tuned.

<<Queen of Diamonds: A warrior, wielding coppersword and cougarskin cap, jealous and ready for love>>

I use the Queen of Diamonds as my face card and have for years, but this fits me even more than the traditional meaning I used to use. This is great, Willem, and thank you for this thread!

[quote=“sunflowersFTW!, post:23, topic:771”]<<Queen of Diamonds: A warrior, wielding coppersword and cougarskin cap, jealous and ready for love>>

I use the Queen of Diamonds as my face card and have for years, but this fits me even more than the traditional meaning I used to use. This is great, Willem, and thank you for this thread![/quote]

Crazy and cool! :slight_smile: What an unexpected response. Thanks you! :slight_smile:

Ace of Spades - A gigantic serpent with glittering scales waits in darkness…

Queen of Hearts - A green haired woman stands in the creek staring at the water…

3 of Clubs - 2 mischevious children paddle away in a canoe…

A distant pair of weary travelers covered in bits of moss and debris walking the roadside between forest and industrial zone, who, upon approach, reveal friendly faces.

These SIX GREAT STRENGTHS came from a tale I read and stuck with me. some of them give me strength just thinking about them (and one has to do with one of my most powerful dreams ever):

the footsteps of a cat

the beard of a lady

the spittle of a bird

the roots of a mountain

the voice of a fish

the longings of a bear

They give me strength when I get curious about what makes each one powerful, magical.

Also, what if you mix & match? the footsteps of a mountain, the longings of a fish. . .