Shaving, etc

I only shave my mustache… as it grows separately from the rest of my facial hair and i look silly (and apparently creepy)…

I’m a sort of thin white guy so i tend to feel the cold easily… i need all the hair i can get ! (i dont want yours however, thanks tho :P)

i do wear a tshirt all year round tho so i kinda adapt to the colder weather that way

I am male, and shave my armpits simply to reduce the amount of deodorant I need to use. I shave other similar potentially stinky areas.

I came across this some time ago:

http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/hairstyl.shtml#TweezersEtc

I think that the tools are something a lot of us could make and use, at least the tweezers and earspoons. The article mentions many of the tools sometimes being made of antler and bone. I know some indigenous people in this area made tweezers out of bivalve shells. I’m hoping to find myself a suitable piece of antler and grind out an earspoon sometime soon.

I shave my face and hairline even though it’s completely unnecessary. I just enjoy doing it.

i have long hair and a beard which i sometimes trim, i enjoy looking natural despite the usual jesus/caveman wisecracks. I am hypocritical in that i prefer my partner to shave her pits/legs, she would prefer not to but I can’t seem to over come this :-[ i wonder if im just brainwashed or there is some genetic predisposition at work?!

It’s probably just that it’s such a cultural norm for you. Our ideas of beauty are largely determined by the culture we grow up in. Being aware of this is probably the biggest step to doing something about it (if you want to).

“Brainwashed” might be a strong word, but… I used to feel the same way, then I started exclusively dating girls that don’t shave anything, and now it’s weird to think about being with somebody shaved.

I don’t think it’s especially weird either way. It’s not really a civlized/wild dichotomy thing. There have been plenty of societies on either side of that scale that remove hair, and plenty that don’t. Many, many native groups indigenous to North America have a long history of plucking out their body hair.