Guidelines for posting

ha ha ha, I love this, so do mine, nothing to boast about though

[quote=“Neighbor Scout, post:37, topic:487”][quote author=TonyZ link=topic=523.msg6303#msg6303 date=1196044020]
yeah go ahead, I thought it was rhetorical. sorry for the delay, I was out hiding.
[/quote]

I guess you didn’t make it rhetorical enough for me, 'cause I didn’t see it like that.

Anyway, to answer your quetion in the way before I learned of its impressive agenda: I donno; I donno your friends. Also, have you noticed this that ‘please!?’ works just as well as ‘n-word, please!?’ nowadays (or, at least, I guess it does) if used with the same tone? And in that, did you notice how the ere lacks labeling and the later supports outright labeling? For instance, in my opinion, the added label in “n-word, please!?” spits quite superfluously, crassy, confrontational, and challenging. Do we really want to spend additional calories on such superfluousness and spittle-spattle when we when have so much more tangible and pressing stuff to fail or fulfill? Hmmm…whatda you think?

Anybody? :-[/quote]

Ah yes, very good point in my opinion.
I do admit that being crass, confrontational, and challenging can be a very simple way to get a basic judgement of character by watching somebodies response to it. It is very dividing though, and when I personally do it, often it comes from a place of frustration and cynicism.

sometimes i use the crass/rude card purely to shock everyone involved out of a disagreement in a rut.

i’ve seen it help people take a second look at the issue at hand from the other point of view. doesn’t always work tho’, so i use it situationally.

Word.

I agree. I understand useful crassly/a-holey enactments work to ‘gain trusts, cooperation, friends, and community’ sometimes (rarely I’d imagine), but when used superfluously just to try mess with participants senses, time, focus, and practice unhelpfully/unsolicitedly/degeneratively/know-it-all-ly, why bother?

Think (give myself some open-minded growing space) before (or, in fact, ‘all the time’) I act sort of comes to mind.