E-Primitive Sand Box

It can get frustrating especially when everything sounds so good, at least to me, DY. I bet it even happens to the best of us. I mistakingly did it the other day when I wrote you a personal message (you get that by the way, my computer fails sometimes?) and then I went back and omitted it, but I caught myself which really only matters to me. :slight_smile:

yup, got it, Eric–twice! i guess the edit did it. :wink:

i can has be's burger.

LololOLoloLOLol

sometimes I post something and then see "to be's" that I swear didn't exist a minute ago. i can read through it over and over and they still sneak past like slippery little fish. or invisible fish.

I still use the e-primer to doublecheck my work sometimes (at least, when I want to put the e-prime seal of approval on it). It has helped me in the same way a spellcheck does–it points out my error so I can see it and think around it. And just like a spellcheck, I find that the more I use it, the less I need it.

That ePrimer is seems? so incredibly AWESOME!!! I’m I intend to find some way of incorporating that into the comments and blog authoring windows on the new Anthropik site, so you can preview your comment, check it for spelling, and highlight possible ePrime violations. :slight_smile:

Hey, we should think about working that out for the forums and wiki here, too, don’t you think?

Wow, interesting tool!

I think for now I value the experience of seeing how I express myself, then looking at other ways I could express myself, more than the goal of spitting out perfect eprime posts.

[quote=“yarrow dreamer, post:20, topic:255”]i can read through it over and over and they still sneak past like slippery little fish. or invisible fish.[/quote]I was speaking less about frustration with not meeting that goal than about how, holy smokes, “to be” hides from me in my own language so well that I can’t even see it.

I haven’t yet begun writing in ePrime on Anthropik, but I now write most of my other stuff in ePrime, and I’ve noticed how much more aware I’ve become about “to be” words in my writing.

me too. i haven’t written whole articles in it or anything, but in my general email communications i find myself eprime editing and then saying, wow that sounds much better, more interesting, alive. i like how it’s upped my awareness of the possibilities, of more direct ways of interpreting my universe and sharing it with others.

hey, there goes another little fish. the irony escapes me not.

Hey, we should think about working that out for the forums and wiki here, too, don't you think?

I totally agree. I think someone could write a script to find the verbs and their related contractions pretty easily. It would really rock to have the verbs highlighted when you click the “preview” button in either platform.

i like their system of identifying definite offenders in red and possible offenders in a different color. however, their code does not take curly quotes into account, so you have to run a find-an-replace in something that won’t replace them with more curly quotes (i use notepad). so if we could get something that works around that obstacle, too, it would rock even harder.

[quote=“yarrow dreamer, post:28, topic:255”][quote author=yarrow dreamer link=topic=260.msg3179#msg3179 date=1185552250]
I was speaking less about frustration with not meeting that goal than about how, holy smokes, “to be” hides from me in my own language so well that I can’t even see it.
[/quote]

hey, there goes another little fish. the irony escapes me not.[/quote]

Ha ha, :wink: you keep catchen’em like that and you’ll probably in no time start helping editting out b-english in our field guide and beyond, if you haven’t already.

Jason, nice to have you with us…finally. :’( You’ve started to make a lot more sense, to me at least, as all of us e-primers and e-aboriginals have. No more big long blah blah blah blah blah blah equals…, I sense. Don’t get me wrong, no hard feelings…you won’t see me supporting jumping out of the bushes onto someone to kick there ass, just because they call me a “new not-see”, 'cause it reminds me of my youth, you see, I’ve walked in similar shoes and have some understanding and empathy under my loincloth.

Rix, thanks for this link, it has helped me feel stronger in my written e-prime and bet it will do great for the noobs. :-* :stuck_out_tongue: :D. Anyway, I will save the address and use it as you do, to double check my work, and at the same time, again, if anyone see’s b-english in my work please point it out ta me.

Airique … you just confused the hell out of me. :slight_smile:

Yeah yeah, run devil, run!

Jason, Rix,

Great ideas about the E-primer! Jason, I didn’t realize you were into e-prime?

How hard would it be to code that into the spell-check?

back to the box…

If we stand alone together, I will never have all you need, yeah Hail, hail the lucky ones I refer to those in love, yeah

Oh, how I’d love ya till the day I die… and beyond
Do we travel to the same places?
If so can I come?
It feels like egg rollin’ , thick and heavy
All, the past we carry
Oh, I could be new
You under-estimate me

I sometimes realize…i could only live as good as you’ll let me
Do you woman enough to live as my man?
Bandaged hand in hand.

E-prime this:

There is more than enough evidence to indicate that a highly evolved reptilian life form is interacting with human beings. Their presence has been witnessed in every corner of the Earth by people from all walks of life. Now that we have established the fact that they are here, the next question to address is: Where are they coming from?

Theories as to the origin of reptilian “alien” life forms range appear to be threefold. From the accumulative evidence provided to thus far, it has been determined that they are either:

a) Extra-Terrestrial. (ET’s) Beings from another planet or star system,

b) Inner Terrestrial (IT’s) Beings that are naturally evolved terrestrial (Earth) life forms that reside in inner earth Caverns, sub-cities, and underwater bases.

c) Inner-Dimensional. (ID’s) meaning other alien entities existing in vibrational levels (time/space travelers etc.)

Although a large amount of data supporting each theory exists, this report will only address the basic facts regarding each. It is important to realize that, even though each theorized origin appears to be distinct in it’s own right, all three theories could be, and are probably, correct.

More than enough evidence exists to indicate that a highly evolved reptilian life form interacts with human beings. People from all walks of life have witnessed their prescence in every corner of the Earth. Now that we know they live among us, the next question arises: Where do they come from?

Theories as to the origin of reptilian “alien” life forms range between three possibilities. From the accumulative evidence provided to thus far, we can describe them either as:

b) Inner Terrestrial (IT’s) Beings that naturally evolved on earth and reside in inner earth Caverns, sub-cities, and underwater bases.

c) Inner-Dimensional. (ID’s) meaning other alien entities existing in vibrational levels (time/space travelers etc.)

Although a large amount of data supporting each theory exists, this report will only address the basic facts regarding each. Importantly, even though each theorized origin appears distinct in it’s own right, all three theories could have, and probably do have, some truth to them.

lol t3h cr4zy

Jason, I didn't realize you were into e-prime?

Yup. Still too hard for me to use in, say, the regular posts on Anthropik, but I do use it for my more serious work; printed stuff, books, etc.

How hard would it be to code that into the spell-check?

Well, that IS the question. :slight_smile:

Hmm, well, here’s my best shot…

Had to really change things up in a couple places tho’…

Sufficient evidence exists indicating that a highly evolved reptilian life form interacts with human beings. In every corner of the Earth, people from all walks of life have witnessed their presence. Having established that they interact with us, Where do they come from?

Theories as to the origin of reptilian “alien” life forms range appear threefold. From the accumulative evidence provided to us thus far, it appears that the origin shares one or more, and probably all three, of the following elements:

b) Inner Terrestrial (IT’s) Naturally evolved terrestrial (Earth) life forms that reside in inner earth Caverns, sub-cities, and underwater bases.

Although a large amount of data supporting each theory exists, this report only addresses the basic facts regarding each.

And my submission…

Claire: What's your name? Bender: What's yours? Claire: Claire. Bender: Ka-Laire? Claire: Claire...it's a family name! Bender: Nooo...It's a fat girl's name! Claire: Well thank you. Bender: You're welcome. Claire: I'm not fat! Bender: Well not at present but I could see you really pushing maximum density! You see, I'm not sure if you know this...but there are two kinds of fat people. There's fat people that were born to be fat, and then there's fat people that were once thin but they became fat...so when you look at them you can sorta see that thin person inside! You see, you're gonna get married, you're gonna squeeze out a few puppies and then, uh... [i][He mimes becoming fat, making noises. Claire gives him the finger.] [/i] Bender: Oh...obscene finger gestures from such a pristine girl! Claire: I'm not that pristine! Bender: Are you a virgin? I'll bet you a million dollars that you are! Let's end the suspense! Is it gonna be...a white wedding? Claire: Why don't you just shut up? Bender: Have you ever kissed a boy on the mouth?...Have you ever been felt up? Over the bra, under the blouse, shoes off...hoping to God your parents don't walk in? Claire: Do you want me to puke? Bender: Over the panties, no bra, blouse unbuttoned, Calvin's in a ball on the front seat past eleven on a school night?

dagnabit, jason beat me to it… :slight_smile:

Wow, this one challenged me and led me through lots of fun. It kind of felt like translating poetry–wanting to make the change in one line of dialogue work with the change I needed to make in the next line so that I could make the e-prime have the same quality of impact that the b-english had. Thanks for the fun jhereg.

by the way…

dagnabit, jason beat me to it....
... but he didn't provide a new challenge. so he only gets partial credit. ;)

Now, on to the fun:

Claire: What do they call you? Bender: What do they call [i]you[/i]? Claire: Claire. Bender: Ka-Laire? Claire: Claire...it belongs to someone in my family! Bender: Nooo...it belongs to a fat girl! Claire: Well thank you. Bender: Think nothing of it. Claire: I don't look fat! Bender: Well not at present but I could see you really pushing maximum density! You see, I don't know if you know this...but you can find two kinds of fat people. Some fat people came into this world simply to get fat, and then some fat people came into this world looking thin but they grew fat...so when you look at them you can sorta see that thin person inside! You see, you'll get married, you'll squeeze out a few puppies and then, uh... [He mimes becoming fat, making noises. Claire gives him the finger.] Bender: Oh...obscene finger gestures from such a pristine girl! Claire: Don't call me pristine! Bender: Have you lost your virginity? I'll bet you a million dollars that you haven't! Let's end the suspense! Will you have...a white wedding? Claire: Why don't you just shut up? Bender: Have you ever kissed a boy on the mouth?...Has a boy ever felt you up? Over the bra, under the blouse, shoes off...hoping to God your parents don't walk in? Claire: Do you want me to puke? Bender: Over the panties, no bra, blouse unbuttoned, Calvin sits in a ball on the front seat past eleven on a school night?

And now for your new challenge…

And when he came to the place where the wild things are they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws till Max said "BE STILL!" and tamed them with the magic trick of staring into all their yellow eyes without blinking once and they were frightened and called him the most wild thing of all and made him king of all wild things. "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!" [the wild rumpus ensues over several pages] "Now stop!" Max said and sent the wild things of to bed without their supper. And Max the king of all wild things was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all. Then all around from far away across the world he smelled good things to eat so he gave up being king of where the wild things are. And Max ... stepped into his private boat and ... sailed ... into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him and it was still hot.
... but he didn't provide a new challenge. so he only gets partial credit.

Ohhh … I should pay attention to the rules of forum thread games.

Ohhh … I should pay attention to the rules of forum thread games.[/quote]

The funninness stands out all the more because of [iurl=http://www.rewild.info/conversations/index.php?topic=260.msg2742#msg2742]how deliberately Scout laid out the rules[/iurl]. :slight_smile:

Seriously, keep the fucking ball rolling folks. If you have something to add, please at least take up the challenge first! :stuck_out_tongue:

And when he came to the place where the wild things live they roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws till Max said "SIT STILL!" and tamed them with the magic trick of staring into all their yellow eyes without blinking once and they felt frightened and called him the most wild thing of all and made him king of all wild things. "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!" [the wild rumpus ensues over several pages] "Now stop!" Max said and sent the wild things of to bed without their supper. And Max the king of all wild things felt lonely and wanted to live where someone loved him best of all. Then all around from far away across the world he smelled good things to eat so he gave up his life as king of where the wild things live. And Max ... stepped into his private boat and ... sailed ... into the night of his very own room where he found his supper waiting for him and it still felt hot to the touch.

Oooooooh Snap!

Okay, my challenge:

Don't Worry, Be Happy Lyrics

Don’t Worry, Be Happy
From the Movie “Cocktails”
Performed by Bobby McFerrin

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don’t worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don’t worry, be happy…